Have you been thinking of Selling when this lock down is lifted? Here are some simple tips to increase your homes value and get it ready to sell while stuck at home.
1. Start Painting - This is a quick and inexpensive way to add alot of value to your home. Stick to neutral colours and remember not all paint is the same. Applied properly, a good quality paint will look much better to potential buyer's, making them more likely to put in an offer.
2. Make Repairs - We all have a "to-do" list around the house. Some of you may be swamped between working from home and schooling your kids. If your lucky enough to have extra time, why not tackle some of these projects that have been on the back burner. Make sure not to bite off more than you can chew and only do one project at a time. When this lock down is lifted you don't want to have multiple projects on the go.
3. Create Curb Appeal - The weather is starting to turn and the day's are getting warmer. It is a great time to clean up the yard and do some landscaping. Check your grading to make sure the spring run-off will flow away from your house. Some simple chores like; weeding, adding mulch, painting the deck, levelling the interlock and maintaining a healthy lawn can all add value at a very low cost to you.
4. Decluttering - Being stuck at home you may have noticed that you have way too much stuff! Are some of your things just taking up space and collecting dust? Now is a great time to get rid of the things that you no longer want or need. Look into local charities and see if they are accepting donations at this time. You can also book a large item garbage pickup with your local municipality for bigger items that are being thrown out.
5. Replace Light Fixtures - By replacing old light fixtures you can freshen up a room and create ambiance while improving visibility. You can also reduce your energy costs with new bulbs, ceiling fans and timers.
6. Upgrade Appliances - Do you have old mismatched appliances that waste energy and are a complete eye sore? If so, it may be a time for an upgrade. Most purchase and sale agreements include appliances in good working order. Buyers may not offer your desired purchase price if the appliances are old and missmatched. If you are in a luxury home you will want to install high end appliances otherwise uniform standard appliances will be sufficient. If your appliances match and are still in good working order, it may not be worth upgrading if you plan on selling within the next 3-6 months.
The world is going through a tough time and staying busy around the house can be a healthy way for us to cope with these challenging times. Accomplishing small goals is a good way to stay positive and create momentum to carry forward when the lock down is lifted and things get back to normal. We hope you found this blog helpful and wish you continued health during this difficult time. If you have any real estate related questions or just want to chat, we would love to hear from you!
Post Your Comment: